FANDOM


This page has the game script for Deliverance. It includes the main story and sidequest dialogue, but not things like random NPC banter.

Please note that this is by no means a substitute for actually playing the game. Its main purpose is to make editing story sections of other articles easier.

Note that the main character in Deliverance is customisable. All minor variations in dialogue based on these customisations, as well as their name, will be indicated with [square brackets]. All major dialogue branches will be appropriately indicated.

Main Story

Intro

([Name] wakes up and heads to the bridge.)

Captain
Ah, there you are, m'[boy/girl]! It's about bloody time you got up!
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Sorry! Nobody woke me up and I don't have an alarm clock!
  • You have a mission for me now, right?
Captain (If choice #1 is chosen)
It didn't stop anyone else from waking up promptly though, did it, ah?
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • They probably all have alarm clocks! Or were woken up!
  • You have a mission for me now, right?
Captain (If choice #1 is chosen)
Well that may be so, but... You're here now, so that's all that matters! Aren't you going to ask if I have a mission for you now, right?
[Name]
You have a mission for me now, right?

(end branches)

Captain
Why yes, yes I do! And it will be your first proper mission ever too, won't it, m'[boy/girl]? You won't even know what to do.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Sure I will!
  • That's why you should probably tell me.
Captain (if choice #1 is chosen)
No, knowing you, I'm pretty sure you'll just *pretend* to know what you're doing, and you'll bugger everything up. So I'll tell you anyway.
Captain (if choice #2 is chosen)
Yes, that would be a sensible course of action, don't you think? Well, obviously you do. So on with the show!

(end branches)

Captain
This mission that you'll be going on is basically a reconny-... reconususus-... one where you gather information about that planet. It's simple! All you have to do is make sure the things on the planet won't kill us all if we go down there.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • And if they try to kill me...?
  • What about the Cure, and this... thing I detected?
Captain (if choice #1 is chosen)
Well, you'll be armed, of *course, so you'll be able to dispatch any monsters that attack you with ease.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Then what's the point of this mission?
  • What about the Cure, and this... thing I detected?
Captain (if choice #1 is chosen)
Sending a small party down first to check things out is more sensible than sending everyone down to possibly hostile territory without knowing what's there. What silly questions you ask, m'[boy/girl]!
[Name]
What about the Cure, and this... thing I detected?

(end branches)

Captain
Ah yes. You'll be checking that out, too, which makes this mission... special. So you'd better not bugger it up!
You said you could detect something on this planet from lightyears away, and you believed it to have something to do with reviving the Emperor. Scans of the planet have pinpointed an area of exceptional energy output, which is rather odd considering it's not even a Class 1 civilisation down there yet...
You and your party will be beamed down near this source of energy, because we expect you to have a look at it. You can't expect to go on and on about some 'mysterious force' you can feel, and then chicken out when we actually find it!
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • But I don't want to die!
  • My party? So I won't be going alone?
  • So I should go now, right?
Captain (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Hah hah. Nobody wants to die, of course. But I assure you, m'[boy/girl], that you won't die on this mission. You'll be equipped with gadgets that will prevent that!
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Those 'gadgets' did nothing to help mother...
  • Did you say 'party' before? I won't be going alone?
  • So I should go now, right?
Captain (if Choice #1 is chosen)
No, that... that's right... They couldn't've helped against the things we came across then... But don't dwell on that, m'[boy/girl]. I'm certain you'll do fine!
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Did you say 'party' before? I won't be going alone?
  • So I should go now, right?
Captain (if the party option is chosen)
Don't be silly. Of course you're not going alone! That wouldn't be very sensible now, would it? You'll be going with two other people.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Who?
  • So I should go now, right?
Captain (if Choice #1 is chosen)
I've picked Kerah and Quillon to go with you. Kerah, because she's just finished her training and hasn't been on a mission before, and she's about your age so you should get along well, and Quillon because he's our best scientist and might be of some use down there.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Kerah'll be coming with me? Ooh yeah! (only if male)
  • Oh, good! Kerah's a good friend of mine! (only if female)
  • I'm sure Quillon won't want to come...
  • So I should go now, right?
Captain (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Haha, I understand your enthusiasm; Kerah is a rather attractive young woman, if I do say so myself, ha, and boys will be boys... Just remember that what you'll be doing together is serious work, so behave accordingly.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Captain (if choice #2 is chosen)
Yes, I know, and that did influence my decision quite considerably. It'll be good for you to have someone close to you with you the first time. It always is.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Captain (if choice #3 is chosen)
Yes, I know he doesn't believe that a Cure exists at all, and has been continually criticising you about the energy you could detect, but if you *do* find something down there - and I do think that you will - then you can gloat about it to his face then, right? Haha.
Of course, he's also a magnificent scientist, so his skills may come in handy. Whatever his skills are.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

(end branches)

Captain
You should, yes. Though we're not exactly on a set schedule here and there's no deadline, it'd be better for all of us if you were to get this mission over and done with as hastily as possible. Then we can all go and stretch our legs on real ground and breathe real air for a change!
Go to the transporter room now. You'll find Kerah and Quillon waiting there, and once they've joined you, ask Scott to beam you down to the planet.
Oh, and... Good luck, m'[boy/girl].

([Name] goes to the transporter room and talks to Kerah.)

Kerah
[Name]! We're going on this mission together! Isn't that just amazingly great? Woo!
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • It certainly is!
  • Less talk, more joining my party!

(if choice #1 was chosen, male tangent)

Kerah
I know we don't know each other all that well, because we, like, hang around with different people n' stuff, but, well, I'm still sorta excited that we'll be going together, [Name]...
And I'm also really excited because it's my first mission too! My first mission ever!
I just hope it goes well...
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Don't worry; I'm sure it will!
  • There's a chance we could die.
  • Don't worry babeh, you'll be safe with me!
  • Less talk, more joining my party!
Kerah (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Here's hoping, anyway! ...No, since you say it'll be okay, I know it will! So yay to that!
Kerah (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Oh, thanks for putting it like that, [Name]. It's very reassuring.
Kerah (if Choice #3 is chosen)
Heheh! That doesn't sound like something you'd say, [Name]! Not to me, anyway...
But even though you say it jokily like that, I am glad I'm going with you. I don't know why, but I sort of feel... really safe around you.
And I'm glad you'll be able to keep me company, too; it'd be really boooring if it was just me and Quillon! He's so *dull* and I don't like him!
Quillon
I'm standing right here.
Kerah
Yeah, I know you are!
Kerah (if choices #1, 2 or 3 were chosen)
But anyway, I suppose we should, like, stop standing around chatting and get on with the mission, shouldn't we?

(if choice #1 was chosen, female tangent)

Kerah
It'll be like all the times we used to pretend we were on important missions n' stuff, trying to save planets and revive the Emperor and all that, only this time it'll be for real!
Are you excited, [Name]? I know I am!
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Of course I am! How couldn't I be?
  • Meh. Not especially.
  • Less talk, more joining my party!
Kerah (if choice #1 was chosen)
That's what I thought! It'll be great, though! I'm really looking forward to finding this thing you were on about; this Cure for the Emperor down there!
Kerah (if choice #2 was chosen)
You can be really dull sometimes, y'know, [Name]. I don't get how you can't be excited at all by all of this! You always used to be about even *pretending* to go on missions...
Kerah (if choices #1 or 2 were chosen)
But we should stop this dilly-dallying and actually get to the matter at hand!

(end female branch)

Kerah (if the Join the Party choice was chosen)
Alright, alright... Right to the matter at hand, huh? Okay.

(end branches)

Kerah
I'm gonna join your party now, but first... I need to give you these medipacks and grenades...
I brought 'em along for all of us to use, just in case we need them - we don't know what's down there, after all - but I'm giving them to you to look after 'cause you're the leader.
Heheh. You're the leader, [Name].
But anyway! I'm gonna join you now. Let's go!

([Name] talks to Quillon)

Quillon
Oh, hello, [Name]. Apparently I'll be accompanying you on this particular mission... which will be interesting, considering that it is your first, and what it is that we are supposed to be looking for...
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • When we get down there, I'll *show* you I was right all along!
  • Yes, right. Let's go.
Quillon (if Choice #1 is chosen)
We'll see about that...
There's no time for idle chit-chat now though, so we had best actually get along with the mission.

(end branches)

Quillon
Since you've been appointed leader of this party, I shall join you now... But before that, I've been ordered to give you this VirtualMap.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • What does it do?
  • Yes, okay. Let's go now, then.
Quillon (if Choice #1 is chosen)
It's a high-tech gadget that allows you to see the layout of the current area you're in. Though the detail it draws the map in does leave much to the imagination, it is still a highly useful tool. You can use it by selecting 'Map' from the menu.

(end branches)

Quillon
But now, come on. We are wasting valuable mission time, and I want to get this over with as soon as possible...

(The party talks to Scott.)

Scott
Ach, step on tha teleporter an I'll beam yeh down, [lad/lass]. It's tha second one from tha left.

(The party steps on the teleporter and is beamed down to the planet.)

Quillon
Hrm... It is a Type A planet... Green vegetation, blue sky (although we can hardly see it with that dense forest canopy in the way), moderate temperature... The air is not acid or fire...
But of course I already knew all of that, as I have been studying the planet's properties from the ship for a number of hours.
Kerah
Quilly, now that we're here, um, what are we s'posed to do? When do we get to the action?
Quillon
First of all, do not call me 'Quilly' ever again. It is unbefitting.
Kerah
Sorry, Quilly...
Quillon
Next of all... Since neither of you Ensigns has ever been on an official reconnaissance mission until today, I can assume that you are both utterly clueless as to the procedures. (I do not see anyone going out of their way to learn them beforehand, after all...)
Therefore I shall tell you what it is we must do.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • We find the Cure thing I've been detecting, right?
  • Well? What do we do, then?
Quillon
Hmph. We have been ordered to seek out the source of energy that you claim to have been detecting... That is, in fact, our primary concern.
Though we won't find anything, I assure you. The captain's only allowing this nonsense because you and he are related.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Why don't you think we'll find anything, Quillon?
  • You're probably just jealous because I'm the captain's [son/daughter].
  • Okay. You don't need to believe me, you just have to follow me.
Quillon (if Choice #1 is chosen)
The mere notion of some magical 'Cure' that will revive the Emperor and solve all our woes is absolutely absurd! The Emperor is beyond revival, and there's no form of technology or 'magic' that could reverse that.
Bah. What a silly thing hope is. It hinders proper cognitive functions... Am I the only one *not* blinded by these false hopes and foolish optimism?
People merely lie to themselves because they refuse to accept the harsh truth. They need *something* to keep them going, and if there's nothing *real* to go on, then they make things up. It's pathetic. It's more pathetic that they lie to themselves so much that they actually honestly believe what they're telling themselves... Senseless and illogical, it is!
We will not find any such 'Cure' on this world, I assure you, [Name]. We should by all means just give up now, but I know that none of you will listen to reason, so I'll humour you since I have been ordered to.

(branch back to choices)

Quillon (if Choice #2 is chosen)
What? That does not make the slightest bit of sense! I am frankly surprised by your accusations, and I cannot even begin to comprehend what would have you thinking as such in the first place.
Kerah
I think [Name] does have a point. You're probably just miffed about [him/her] being able to go down on this mission, because you weren't allowed to go on that expedition down to that swamp world to collect samples!
It's not because [Name] is the captain's [son/daughter] that [he/she]'s been allowed to go, though. It's 'cause, like, well, your mission proposal was just thick. If you'd've brought those viroid things onto the ship, they probably would've infected and killed the whole crew!
Quillon
It was a perfectly reasonable mission. They were unique creature designs unlike any we had witnessed before, and studying them would have been greatly beneficial. We could have devised a way to protect ourselves against their toxins, for example. And it was perfectly safe! I could have easily contained the specimens.
Kerah
They could, like, shoot *acid* which could, like, burn through *metal*. There's no way you coulda contained 'em! And there was a reason that mission down to that planet was a failure.
Quillon
Bah! What makes this mission less absurd, though? We are searching for something that most certainly does not exist!
Kerah
Even if it doesn't exist - and I really do think it does - it's not exactly gonna kill us to try, is it?

(branch back to choices)

(end branches)

Quillon
Indeed. And this idle banter is pointless. Therefore we need to get along with the mission. There is no point standing around here any longer. Just ready your weapons and be prepared for the worst. It is always best to be prepared for more than what is expected.
But first, [Name], pray tell me which direction we should head in.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • I can feel the energy coming stronger from the north...
  • I, uh, don't know!
Quillon (if Choice #1 was chosen)
Fair enough. Then let us venture north, and find nothing. Oh, and beware of monsters.
Quillon (if Choice #2 was chosen)
Well, that's just great. Let's just wander around this forest and hope for the best, then, shall we?

(end branches)

(The party heads north, and enters the Lost Ruins.)

Quillon
Hm. Well, this was not expected. I suspected the power source we detected would be something completely natural... Not something constructed like this.
The architecture of this place is especially surprising. It seems to be constructed in the manner of some ancient civilation's stone temple, and yet it emitts electrical energy and there are computer monitors over there...
As well as electrical energy, there is another form of energy... It is most peculiar. It bears remarkable resemblance to... to pure lifeforce. It is as if this place is alive... Though that is absurd. It is obviously long forgotten. The signs must just be from wildlife.
But though this is an interesting discovery, I am certain that this is all you were detecting here. There is no 'Cure' on this world; just the abandoned ruins of a monument from some apparently long-dead civilisation, infested with rats.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • No! There's more, I'm sure! This isn't all there is!
  • I... suppose you're right... I just hoped...
Kerah
Hey, look. This place is quite big. It looks like we're only in the entranceway at the moment, so if we go further in, maybe we'll find the cure?
Quillon
Your futile hopefullness is sickening. I assure you that there is nothing here! ...But if we must, let us venture further into these ruins. Perhaps we shall find some technological relics that can be of use to us.

(The party proceeds through the ruins, and encounters a Guardian.)

Guardian
Rargh!

(The party defeats the Guardian and continues through the ruins.)

Quillon
This appears to be the core of this place. And where is the 'Cure' you promised, [Name]?
Kerah
Maybe there's, like, something on those computers there telling us where we can find the Cure, or maybe the Cure is some computer thing, like a code or something?
Quillon
I suppose it's possible that those computers contain some information... So check them if you wish, [Name].
But I still don't think you'll find anything.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • I'll find something! I'll show you!
  • Well, since you don't think I'll find anything, let's just leave.
Quillon (if Choice #1 is chosen)
*Sure* you will, [Name]. Sure you will.
Quillon (if Choice #2 is chosen)
No, no, we've come this far, and we might actually find something of use here. Probably not any sort of Cure, but perhaps these alien computers could contain technology we have not yet developed. It appears they were quite advanced from the look of this place.

(end branches)

(The party examines the central computer.)

Terminal
This computer terminal looks the same as all the others, but its position in the room draws your attention towards it.
Even though all the other terminals show nothing but a flashing blue screen, this one shows... a flashing blue screen, too.
But then something happens. As you approach, you feel the great sense of energy that you could feel from The Marauder, the feeling that had brought you to this planet in the first place...
An image appears on the screen. Or, rather, a video starts playing.
It shows the chamber you are in now, and there are strange beings in it...
Argeth
Vlop! Thou arrivest! Ist the construction of the Star Map complete? Ist it appropriately hidden and sealed away with magical wards the likes of which most other races of lesser magical skill can but dream of?
Vlop
Aye, sir, 'tis!
Argeth
Good, good... We shalt be departing from this wretcherous world soon then. There ist naught else of intrigue to our Set here... Alas, not presently. Our interventions need time... to take effect.
Vlop (dialogue options)
  • But sir, I have questions regarding the Star Map...
  • Then we should be on our way, should we not?
Argeth (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Questions, questions! I can give you answers to your queries, soldier; you need only make them first. Ask.
Vlop (dialogue options)
  • Why doth we secret its locale?
  • What transpired from the First Encounter with the humes?
  • Enlighten me about our next destination.
  • If the Parasites discover this world... will all be for naught?
  • I hath no more inqueries.
Argeth (if Choice #1 is chosen)
We ensconce the [Star Maps] for the sake of privacy, and to test worthiness. The Maps will be discovered only by those who are worthy, and those who are Lingon, it is assumed.
The worlds we visit art marked by the Maps, and the Maps mark the marks of the worlds. Using a map, one can discover the location of our world, and the location of our selves.
The worthy, the Chosen, shall be guided to find us by the Maps, and the secret of the Maps shalt be gifted unto them by YALORT, the Ultimately Divine.
Argeth (if Choice #2 is chosen)
The humes art underdeveloped to such a degree that they perceived us as deities... It ist one of *those* civilisations. We educated them about their creation by YALORT, but we hath yet to see whether they follow our Word.
With luck they will remain devoted, and in time they will be blessed by the Omni One. In time they would develop magic, the power to will the arcane Forces to do their bidding.
That time ist far off, though. We shalt have to return in many ages to see how they are coming along.
Argeth (if Choice #3 is chosen)
We travel to another unlightened world, a verdant one. It hath been dubbed 'Ehaiah' by scouts, but the world's populace have yet to learn of the glory of YALORT!
Argeth (if Choice #4 is chosen)
Should the Elohiym happen upon this remote world, they will indeed attempt to convert the humes. If they come soon, they most likely will be successful.
Though if Time is allowed to take its toll, the humes will gain magic, and will dispel their ignorance and become set in their ways. They shall defy the Elohiym.
Not even the high technology of the Elohiym has a flicker of a hope of overpowering the Magic of YALORT!
Argeth (after Choices #1-#4)
Doth thee query me still?

(return to choices)

(end branches)

Argeth
Aye. We must depart this world shortly, and move onto the next. But first... This place is satisfactorily fortified, is it not?
Vlop
A constructed Rune Dragon guards the entrance...
Argeth
Hm. This ist not sufficient. We need something else; something... less palpable, more difficult resist...
And I know just what it can be!

(The screen fades to black. [Name] opens his eyes and sees Peregrin leaning over [him/her].)

Peregrin
Hmmm...
Are you alright? You don't appear to be dead........... So that's a 'maybe'.
[Name]
Uhh...
Peregrin
I think I'd better help you... But I'm out of Potions. Damn.
However...
The Yalortian Monastery's close by. I suppose I could take you there...
Those priests supposedly have magic. I'll just have to hope it's healing magic.
Heh. You should hope, too.
You got banged up pretty bad, though... Looks like some sort of spell hit you...
And that'd probably explain why you're lying in the middle of these open plains alone...
Anyway, though... I'd better get you to that Monastery.
Don't worry... You'll be fine....................

Chapter 1

([Name] wakes up in the Yalortian Monastery with Peregrin and Medium Priest Rem.)

Peregrin
At last! You're awake!
Medium Priest Rem
We were afraid you'd never awaken.
[Name]
Uhh... Where am I?
Peregrin
You're in a Yalortian Monastery now. In a bed. I found you lying in the middle of a field all injured and everything, so I brought you here for healing.
You've been unconscious for quite some time! Two weeks! But are you alright now?
Medium Priest Rem
I've healed you with my magic, but it seems as if you were hit by a rather potent spell. What *were* you doing?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • We were exploring some ruins...
  • I... don't remember.
  • That's none of your business.
[Name] (if Choice #1 is chosen)
We were exploring some ruins... Looking for something. We found something else, but not what we were after... There was a flash. I don't remember anything after that. Except waking up and seeing *your* face.
Peregrin
Heh, yeh. That's 'cause I rescued you. I just found you lying in that field...
But wait. You said you were exploring some ruins, but I found you in the middle of an open plain, miles away from any ruins. And you were unarmed, too.
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Amnesia, is it? You don't remember what you were doing? Hm, I see, I see...
[Name]
Uhm, all I remember is waking up in that field, and seeing *your* face...
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #3 is chosen)
No, I suppose not. You're completely entitled to keep your business to yourself, and if you do not wish to, you need not tell us anything.
Peregrin (if Choice #2 or #3 is chosen)
Well, whatever you were originally doing, when I found you you were unarmed and lying in the middle of that field, wounded, almost dead. There was no sign of any battling though...

(end branches)

[Name]
Unarmed? But I have my... uh...
Where is my weapon?! And all my equipment?!?
Peregrin
Like I said, I found you like you are now. Dressed like that, with no weapons at all.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • You didn't *steal* any of my stuff, did you?
  • Actually... come to think of it... Where are my friends?!
Peregrin (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Hey now! I'm an honest guy; I wouldn't do that! I swear on... on my honour as an Adventurer that I stole nothing from you!
Besides, if I had, I'd hardly hang around and see that you got better, would I? I would've been off as soon as I'd found anything valuable!
[Name]
Actually... come to think of it... Where are my friends?!

(end branches)

Peregrin
Your friends? I found you alone. There wasn't anyone with you.
[Name]
They weren't there?!? ...I hope they're not-
Medium Priest Rem
Ah, I think I may have an explanation for what happened. I think that spell that hit you was a 'Random Teleportation' spell. That type of spell is often used to protect important things by wizards who loathe violence, but don't want their house broken into or things stolen.
It teleports all who trigger it to random points across the world, so that they survive but are no longer an immediate concern. That's what happened to you and your friends, I gather. Your equipment was probably taken from you by the same spell, and could be anywhere by now.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • So my friends are still alive?
  • I need to find them!!
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Most likely, yes. Though they could be anywhere. They could be nearby, or they could be far away.
Chances are that they're close though, as the Random Teleportation spell rarely has a large range.
Peregrin (if Choice #1 and the ruins were mentioned)
Hey, those ruins you said you were exploring... Where were they?
[Name]
I don't know... They were in some forest.
Peregrin
They were probably the Lost Ruins, in the Advent Woods. That's pretty close to where I found you. Pretty close to Villageville, too.

(end branches)

Peregrin
Hm, if your friends were teleported anywhere nearby and they aren't here, then chances are they'd be in Villageville, or would have at least have passed through there.
So we should probably check there first if we want to find them.
[Name] (dialogue choices)
  • Villageville?
  • We?
Peregrin (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Yeh, Villageville. It's a tiny, uh, village near here. It's nothing special, but it's the only human settlement for miles. Adventurers pass through there occasionally, but apart from that it's really rather quiet.
So, if your friends have been there, or if they're still there, word would've got around quick. I bet everyone in the village would know about it.
[Name]
You said 'we' before...

(end branches)

Peregrin
Yeh, we! I'll come along with you! I'm an Adventurer, it's what I do!
Besides, you... interest me.
Medium Priest Rem
Myes, [he/she] interests me, too... Your aura is potent. Very potent. Rather strong and magical, much like that of many Yalortian Priests... May I ask, are you a Yalortian follower?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Who's Yalort...?
  • Oh yeh, totally!
  • No, I'm not.
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #1 is chosen)
You don't even know who Yalort, the creator of Proteus and all of us and our eternal benefactor, is?!? Egads!! Where are you *from*; under a rock or something?
[Name]
Not quite. I'm just from, uh... Very far away! Yes, that'll do it!
Medium Priest Rem
Very far away, eh? ...Well, if you say so.
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #2 is chosen)
That's quite clearly a lie. I can *tell* if someone is an initiated Yalortian or not by merely looking at their aura. You could be a casual worshipper, I suppose, though.
Your aura is strong and peculiar, though. Similar to those of the more powerful Yalortian Priests... Hm.
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #3 is chosen)
Interesting... Your aura is strong and powerful, like that of many Yalortian Priests... Maybe there's something to that. Hm.

(end branches)

Peregrin
Look, we should probably get going if you want to find your mates. Are you alright to go now?
[Name]
Yeh, I'm fine...
Medium Priest Rem
If you are going, please accept this monetary donation from the Monastery; it'll help you on your way. Buy some equipment with it or something, that'd be a good idea!
Peregrin
Right, well, come along then! We must be off! Villageville's to the west of this monastery, so just head that way and you'll be fine.

(The party leaves the room.)

Peregrin
Oh, I just realised something! I never introduced myself to you, and you never introduced yourself to me, either. If we're going to be travelling together, it'd be great if we actually knew who eachother were.
I'm Peregrin Blacksteed, Adventurer by profession. Pleased to meet you!
[Name]
I'm [Name], and I'm, uh... an explorer! Yes, that'll do it...
Peregrin
An explorer, eh? ...You said you were from 'very far away'. Where's that, exactly?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Further than you can comprehend...
  • Sorry, but I can't tell you.
Peregrin (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Aw, c'mooon! You can tell me; it's not like it'll do any harm. I wouldn't even give a damn if you were some sort of wanted criminal, and that you were hiding out here. I'm not gonna tell anyone!
It's not like I have anyone to tell...
[Name]
I'm from... Very, very far away. Further away than you can comprehend.

(end branches)

Peregrin
Oh, I don't know about that! I can comprehend pretty vast distances! I do a lot of thinking about the size of the... the... uh, well, *everything*, really!
People insist that Proteus is the only place where life exists, and that this is all there is to it. To everything. They claim the stars are just twinkly things in the sky, there for decoration... But I *know* they're wrong!
I'm always gazing up at the stars, wondering... There's other life out there somewhere, I know it! Somewhere, there'll be some weird creature looking up at the skies like me and thinking the same...
What do you think about all that, [Name]? D'you think there's anything more to things than just what's immediately around us?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Heheh... I'm pretty sure there is.
  • Hah, no! The notion is absurd! This is all there is.
  • I've never really thought about it.
Peregrin (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Heh, y'think? It's good to meet someone who thinks similarly to me for a change; most people just think I'm insane for thinking like I do.
Peregrin (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Huh, yeh, that's what they all say... But just because it's the common opinion, and that's what we're told, doesn't mean it's unquestionably true.
Peregrin (if Choice #3 is chosen)
I think about it all the time, when I'm wandering... I always look up, and imagine... Heh, I suppose I'm a bit of a dreamer.

(end branches)

Peregrin
But hey, you never really did tell me where exactly it was you were from.
[Name]
Well, it was, uh, very far away, as I said, and the culture there was, uh, rather different to how it is here... So I might act a bit weird around things that are so normal to you.
Peregrin
Heh, you're from a place with a completely different culture? That's really interesting! What was it called? What was it like?
[Name]
It was called, uh, Marauder...ton...sville. Maraudertonsville, yes! That'll work... Oh, and it was dull. Dull as anything. Which is why I came here. Yes.
Peregrin
I see, I see... And hey, if the culture was so different, why are we speaking the same language?
[Name]
Well, what would this game be like if we were speaking different languages all the time? That one weird conversation was frustrating enough!
Peregrin
Uh, o-kaay...
But yeh! Let's be getting to Villageville now! You said you needed to look for your mates after all.
[Name]
Good idea!
Peregrin
Oh! You're still unarmed. That's not generally a good idea because of the monsters. But, heh, you might not be used to that, what with being from so far away and all.
Here, you can have my spare dagger. It's not exactly a great weapon, but it's better than nothing. You can buy something better in Villageville.
[Name]
Thanks, but, uh, I don't know how to use a weapon like this...
Peregrin
Sure you do!
[Name]
No, really, I-
Peregrin
What would this game be like if you couldn't, hm?
[Name]
Ah, good point.
Peregrin
But anyway, enough of this talking! To Villageville!

(The party heads to Villageville.)

Peregrin
Well, this is Villageville.
Like I said before, it's sort of detached from the rest of the world. It's really quiet. So devoid of any form of excitement, in fact, that when one of the inhabitants trips over and people see it, the whole town is talking about it for weeks.
[Name]
Sounds like a nice place.
Peregrin
Yes... It's the only proper human settlement for miles, though, so if any of your friends were teleported anywhere around here, then they'll probably have ended up here. And, of course, the whole town would know that.
[Name]
So what do you suggest I do first? Ask these people walking around?
Peregrin
Well, you could try, I suppose... But I doubt you'll get any actual *conversations* out of them...
I say we should head to the Inn. There's generally loads of information to be found in Inns. Heh.
And then, if we still don't have enough information, we could try barging into strangers' houses and asking them things.
[Name]
Sounds reasonable.

(The party enters the Inn and talks to a man there.)

Jared
'Allo, mate! I 'aven't seen you before! What brings you 'ere to this little village o' Villageville, eh?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • I'm looking for my friends... Seen anyone dressed in purple?
  • Oh, nothing. Buhbye!
Jared (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Purple? What a queer colour fer clothing to be! I've never seen anyone wearing purple in me life!
Jared (if someone is wearing the SpaceUniform)
'Cept you, o' course, [sir/ma'am], and frankly it looks rather good on you!
[Name] (if wearing the SpaceUniform)
Uh, thanks.
Peregrin (if wearing the SpaceUniform)
Hey, thanks! I thought so too! It really brings out my inner beauty!!

(end tangents)

Jared
I did see that light, though. Yep. That bright, bright light that shot up into the sky. Most interesting, it was, that light. Yep. It was an interesting light.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • What can you tell me about this light?
  • Oh, well, I don't care. Bye.
Jared (if Choice #2 is chosen either time)
Bye now! Pleasure speaking to yeh!
Jared (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Oh, it wasn't very interesting, really. Not worth talking about or anything.
But it was really brilliant! And I saw it! It shot right from the Advent Woods, from the Lost Ruins specifically, and the beam seperated into three different beams that shot in different directions! Marvellous, it was! Simply stunning!
[Name]
It shot from the ruins in the woods, and went in three directions? Hm.
Peregrin
It was certainly the spell that teleported you and your friends, [Name]. So if we find out where the beams headed, we'll know where to find your mates!
[Name]
Yeh, good idea. I'll ask this guy about it.
Hey, guy, which direction did the beams head in?
Jared
Funny you should ask, because I saw which directions they went in! Yep! I sure did! I could even tell you, too!
[Name]
......Well?
Jared
Oh, right, yes! One of the beams headed to the east, t'wards the Yalortian Monastery. It shot down somewhere near there. I was gonna explore, but didn't.
The second one went way off west, over the mountains. I couldn't see where it went, but it looked like it went far.
The third one didn't go as far. It went east, like the first, but a little bit further. Over the mountains, but it looked like it landed just over them.
There were also summat else. When the light shot up, it was like summat that had been sealed away for a long time were released. Summat that shouldn't'a been released.
There were an earthquake, and there's been a few more since. There were a cave that opened up in the mountains to the east in fact...
Peregrin
Just after the light landed there?
Jared
Yeh, exactly! That were odd, I thought.
Peregrin
Hm, they're probably related. So that means... it means that one of your friends could be found in that cave, [Name]!
[Name]
Really? We'll have to go and explore it then!
Jared
You're gonna explore that cave? Great! I've been wantin' some adventurers to go an' 'ave a look at it fer a while, but nobody else would. Fer whate'er reason...
I should tell yeh some things before yeh go though...
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • What is it?
  • Not interested. I'm going anyway.
Jared (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Oh. If yeh say so. But beware!
Jared (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Well, the cave's fulla monsters, fer one thing...
Peregrin
But *all* caves are full of monsters. A cave without monsters is like a cave without rocks!
Jared
Well, yeh, I know, but these monsters... I reckon they're stronger than yer average ones. Or at least one of 'em is.
I think it might be an Ancient Monster, wakened from its sleep by that light, out to wreak terror on us all!!!
So yeh! Be careful!

(The party descends into Quake Cave and finds a monster.)

Qaraq-cansis
Ekekekekee!

(They defeat the monster and reach the end of the cave.)

Peregrin
I'm sorry, [Name]... Your friends don't seem to be here...
[Name]
I know. I can see that.
Peregrin
But look on the bright side; it doesn't look like they've been here at all, either! And there's no corpses anywhere, so they're most certainly still alive!
[Name]
I'd like to think that that were true...
So I will! And since they are still alive, I need to keep looking for them!
But we came east because it seemed like the earthquakes had something to do with them, but it turns out it was just that monster. We probably just didn't go far enough east...
Peregrin, are there any other places worth mentioning that are a bit further east than here?
Peregrin
Hm... lessee... There's, uh... ah yes! There's Tropicia! That's to the east! And it's a village too, so if your friend was teleported near there, that's probably where they'd've headed!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Tell me about that village.
  • How do we get there, though?
  • Then let's go there now!
Peregrin (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Tropicia's a sort of, well, tropical village. People there live in a sort of simplistic society and keep pretty much to themselves.
They also all walk around almost nude all the time!

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Peregrin (if Choice #3 is chosen)
Wait, uh, first, we should probably plan out how we're going to actually get there. It's not as easy as just wishing to get there, y'know.

(end branches)

Peregrin
The only way to head east is by going north first, because the mountains and sea block all the other ways... But, uh, the Crystal Marsh blocks the way...
And that might be tricky to cross, because it's Yalortian Holy Ground. Only followers of Yalort are allowed to pass.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Can't we just sneak past?
  • Can't we just fight our way through?
  • What can we do, then?
Peregrin (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Sneak past an omniscient deity's Holy Ground? He has eyes everywhere! Cultlings watch that place quite closely. I think they take some sort of sick pleasure in zapping trespassers, myself. So sneaking past is way too dangerous.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Peregrin (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Hah! Not only would *I* refuse to do that, it'd also be rather suicidal. You're a good fighter and all, [Name], but the Yalortians have the power of a deity on their side, and there's quite a few of them, too. Don't try it.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Peregrin
I'm not sure... Our best bet is to just go and ask that priest at the Monastery. Perhaps he'll let us pass or something if we tell him why we need to.
So let's do that. Let's head to the Yalortian Monastery, and speak to the Medium Priest there.
Remember, though, that we did a quest for that guy in the inn in Villageville, so talk to him again for a reward!
Now... we need to get out of this place...

(The party exits the cave.)

Chapter 2

(The party proceeds to the Monastery and talks to Rem.)

Medium Priest Rem
Greetings again! No luck finding your friends yet? Ah well, I'm sure you'll find them eventually.
[Name]
Uh, about that... We need to go north, to go east, and apparently we need to pass through some swamp that's Yalortian Holy Ground to get there. Uh, can you give us passage?
Medium Priest Rem
Only Yalortians may pass through the Crystal Marsh. And you are not a Yalortian.
However, there's something about you that I've noticed since I first saw you... Something rather peculiar.
It's your Aura. It glows strongly with the power of Yalortian magic.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • My Aura?
  • What does that mean?
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Yes, your aura. Every living creature has an aura, a field of innate magic surrounding them. The aura reflects the soul. They're usually invisible, but those who know what they're looking for can see them.

(end branches)

Medium Priest Rem
I've seen many peoples' auras, and most are bland and uninteresting, reflecting their bland and uninteresting souls. Yours is different, however. It... is a dazzling shade of bright green, and it dances, it pulses, it thrives...
I've only ever seen auras like that on certain people before... And all of those people turned out to be blessed by Yalort.
Peregrin
So you're saying that [Name] is blessed by Yalort?
Medium Priest Rem
It certainly seems that way! You have a lot of potential, and could end up becoming something great!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • That's all good and fine, but what does it mean?
  • So I can cross the swamp, then?
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #2 is chosen)
I'm afraid that even though you do seem to be blessed by Yalort, I cannot grant you passage through the Crystal Marsh. For though you appear to have potential, you have yet to be recognised.
[Name]
So... what, then? What does that mean?

(end branches)

Medium Priest Rem
There is a way for you to gain passage across the swamp!
[Name]
Really? What is it?
Medium Priest Rem
You can become a recognised Yalortian Cultling! That way, you will officially be a Yalortian, and will be able to travel on any of Yalort's Holy Ground, if you so desire.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Is that the only way?
  • And what does that entail and involve?
  • Alright! Make me a Cultling, then!
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #1 is chosen)
I'm afraid so, yes. But you must not consider it to be something awful that you have to grudgingly do. You should embrace Yalortism; after all, there are only benefits from joining our order! And besides, you have the potential to become a great Yalortian. Your aura's stronger than even mine!

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #3 is chosen)
It's not as simple as that. You can't just merely become a Cultling by wishing to become one. You must prove yourself first.

(end branches)

Medium Priest Rem
To become a Cultling, you must complete the Initiation, which is in the form of a simple quest which tests courage, strength, and willpower. And also competence.
There's a cave to the south, and in that cave there are the remains of a Yalortian Monastery long lost to the bowels of Proteus and, uh, the bowels of time. (Yes, that makes sense...)
The ruins are overrun with undead; the former Yalortians who used to call that place their home. They haunt the ruins and attack all trespassers.
However, deep within the cave is a crystal deposit, where the most glorious and magical shards of thaumaturgic essence grow. These crystals contain fragments of the power of Yalort that once flowed through the old Monastery, and can be put to good use.
So, to become a Cultling, you must prove your worth by bringing me one of those crystals from the Lost Monastery.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Can you give me any help at all?
  • That sounds awfully dangerous...
  • Alright! I'm on it!
Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #1 is chosen)
I can't, no. It's a test of *your* skills, not mine. Your friend there can help you if you wish, though; there's no harm in that.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Medium Priest Rem (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Yes, well. It is. Very, very dangerous. Many prospective Cultlings are killed by the Initiation. But oh well, it's their fault for being inept, and it helps keep our ranks full of strong people!
I'm sure that you'll do fine, however. Like I've said, you have that Aura!

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

(end branches)

Medium Priest Rem
When you bring me a crystal, you shall become a Cultling, and only then will you be granted passage across the Crystal Marsh.

(The party enters the Lost Monastery and descends to the lowest level.)

Fallen Priest Erbmu
Muhuhuhu! I assume you are here for your initiation?
[Name]
That's right.
Fallen Priest Erbmu
Muhuhu... I will be your final challenge... You must defeat me to proceed any further.
Of course, you cannot possibly defeat me! MuhuhuhuhuaAHAHAHAAAA!!
[Name]
That's a lie and you know it!
Fallen Priest Erbmu
Muhuh- what?
[Name]
Loads of people must have defeated you to become Cultlings. You cannot possibly be impossible to beat. It doesn't make sense!
Fallen Priest Erbmu
I don't think you quite understood what I meant. I meant that YOU cannot defeat me. Not that I was undefeatable, per se.
[Name]
Oh, now I understand.
Fallen Priest Erbmu
Yes, well... Um. Now it's, uh, time for me to kill you. And stuff. Muhuhu.

(The party defeats the priest and reaches the bottom of the Monastery.)

[Name]
These crystals really are beautiful...
There. I've got what I need. Now all I need to do is take this crystal back to Rem at the Monastery, then I can become a Cultling.

(The party finds a portal.)

Portal
This portal will warp you out of the dungeon, but it's a one-way trip...
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Step into the portal.
  • I'll come back later...
Portal (if Choice #1 is chosen)
You step into the portal...

(The party returns to Rem.)

[Name]
I got you a crystal.
Medium Priest Rem
Ah, so you did! Excellent, excellent! I knew you could do it!
[Name]
So does this make me a Cultling now?
Medium Priest Rem
Oh, yes, of course. There's no special ceremony or anything. But here, these are some items that all new Cultlings are given. Here's your new Official Yalortian Robe, and an amulet as a reward for surviving the Initiation.
[Name]
Thanks! And now I can cross the swamp, too, right?
Medium Priest Rem
Oh yes, definitely. Just talk to the Cultling there, and he'll know to let you pass.
Now go, young one, with the blessing of Yalort! I'm sure that you'll be a grand Yalortian one day!

(The party proceeds to the Crystal Marsh.)

Cultling
Yeh want to pass through the Crystal Marsh? Fair enuff, I'm not stoppin' yeh, an' Yalort won' either, seein' as yer a Cultling an' everything.
[Name]
At last! I'm a little bit closer to-
Uh...
Where am I going again?
Oh yes! My friends. I need to find them.
Kerah, Quillon... I hope you're both alright, wherever you are...
Narrated
Elsewhere, two weeks ago...

Chapter 3

Kerah
-aaaaahhh!
What the...? Where am I? What happened? There was a flash, and... Hey, [Name], Quillon, are you-
Um. [Name]? Quillon? You're... not here, are you?
Oh, pooh. This is, like, the worst thing that could've happened. I'm stuck all alone in some weird place now... That light must've teleported us all, or something. Or maybe just me.
I need to get out of here and find [Name]! And maybe Quillon too, since he has the only Communicator.
So right. I should, like, stop talking to myself and get going. No time to lose! [Name]'s surely looking for me too, now! And it won't be too hard, since I'm, like, invincible with all my... um... equiment...
It's gone. Great. Bloody excellent, that is.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll get by though! So off I go!

(Kerah proceeds to the cave's entrance.)

Kerah
Oh noes! A bat! ...Even though it isn't attacking now, it could, like, attack any minute!
And here I am, with no weapon at all. No way of defending myself at all, really.
Though there's probably something in this room I can use as a weapon...

(Kerah searches a skeleton.)

Kerah
Hey, this is really forunate! I found a weapon.
Not that I've ever used anything like this before, but hey, I'll learn!

(Kerah returns to the bat.)

Bat
Kee kee!
Kerah
C'mon, bring it on, you batty bat, you!

(Kerah continues through the cave.)

Wheel Bat
Kee kee!
Kerah
What is *this* thing?
I don't suppose it matters. It's getting ready to attack, so it'll have to fall before me!

(Kerah defeats the Wheel Bat.)

Kerah
Uhhhh... That was... tiring. I'm exhausted...
I can't... can't focus anymore... Too sleepy... Ow, uhhh.... Nighty night...

(Kerah awakens in a strange room.)

Sslessesseth
Will it recover, sssir? I certainly hope it will. Though it ssseemsss to be in rather awkard ssshape.
Rorrrnel
It jussst needsss ressst, isss all. I've already done all the healing that I can. Now we wait.
Though I commend you, sssir, on your decisssion to bring thisss - a *human* - to our village for recovery. Few reptoidsss would do the sssame.
Sslessesseth
That is becaussse mossst reptoidsss are living in the passst, and thinking like sssavagesss, sssir.
Though certain humansss have wronged me and my family in the passst, thisss particular one hasss wronged me not. I will not hold an entire race resssponsssible for the actionsss of individualsss. I'd like to think we're more civilisssed than that, sssir.
Rorrrnel
Well sssaid, sssir! If only the entire village thought like you do.
Kerah
Uhhhn...
Sslessesseth
Look, sssir, it isss waking!
Kerah
...Where am I?
Rorrrnel
Careful now, human. Your body isss hurt; don't try to move too much.
You are in Varanus now, and you are sssafe. Sslessesseth here found you lying unconsssciousss to the eassst of here. What *were* you doing?
Sslessesseth
I find it mossst peculiar, human, that you were where you were. Don't humans live on the sssurface? What were you doing in the eassst of Subprotaia? There'sss no entrance to the sssurface there, and you would have had to have passssssed through our village if you'd come the normal way...
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • ...You're monsters! Aeyah!
  • I was teleported there, I think...
  • Look, I need to find my friends...
Sslessesseth (if Choice #1 is chosen)
No, sssir, that'sss jussst not true. We are reptoidsss. We're not at all monssstrousss.
Rorrrnel
Though your kin ssseemsss to think that we are... It mussst be our appearance, sssurely. We look different to them, ssso they kill usss. We've never underssstood it. We've just learned to defend ourssselvesss.
Sslessesseth (if Kerah is wearing the SpaceUniform)
From that comment, you sssound very much like the humansss from Tropicia that we are ssso usssed to. But your ssskin isss pale and your clothing isss odd, so I assssssumed you were from elsssewhere... Where did you come from, sssir?
Sslessesseth (if Kerah is not wearing the SpaceUniform)
From that comment, you sssound very much like the humansss from Tropicia that we are ssso usssed to. But your ssskin isss pale, so I assssssumed you were from elsssewhere... Where did you come from, sssir?

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Rorrrnel (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Teleported, you sssay, sssir? By magical means? Againssst your will? That isss... most odd. Yet it does make sssenssse, and it explainsss your genuine sssurprissse and confusssion, and your arrival here.
Kerah
Yeh, it was really weird... I don't know why I was teleported here, though. I really don't. I want to get back though. I need to find my friends!

(end branches)

Rorrrnel
Your friendsss, you sssay, sssir? Your alliesss? There are more of you?
Kerah
Yeh, but we were seperated, it seems, when I was teleported. I think they might either still be in those ruins, or they might've been teleported somewhere else...
Rorrrnel
Ruinsss, sssir? Jussst where were you when you were teleported here? We might be able to direct you there.
Kerah
Oh, I, um, don't really know, to be honest! I, um... don't know the area too well! Yes! But it was, like, in some woods somewhere... Any woods 'round here?
Sslessesseth
Sssslahahah, thisss isss Subprotaia, a ssseriesss of underground cavernsss. There are no foressstsss here. So you clearly came from the sssurface.
Rorrrnel
There isss a foressst jussst wessst of the exit to Subprotaia, sssir. Perhapsss you came from there. To get there, you'd crossssss the Lava Lake...
Sslessesseth
But sssir, sssurely that isss impossssssible? The bridge acrossssss the Lava Lake wasss dessstroyed by the humansss in a recent ssseige! There isss no other way acrossssss.
Rorrrnel
Really? Well, sssir, I'm afraid you're buggered!
Sslessesseth
But wait, sssir. There isss a way, isssn't there? Consssider the Legend for a moment. You'll sssee that we might be looking at the Destined One.
Rorrrnel
What do you ssspeak of, sssir...? The Destined One? Thisss human? But sssurely...? Ah... Wait, perhapsss you're onto sssomething here... It fitsss sssome of the ssspecificationsss...
Kerah
Um? What are you talking about? Am I even in this conversation anymore?
Sslessesseth
Oh, human, we're just discussssssing in front of your face whether we think you're from a Legend or not.
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • What legend?
  • And am I?
Rorrrnel (if Choice #1 is chosen)
The Legend of the Earth Crystal. It hasss been passssssed down through ssseveral generationsss, sssince the founding of Varanus, and it concernsss a magical Cryssstal of great power that hasss been sssealed in a temple to the north of here sssince asss long asss anyone can remember.
Asss the Legend goes, only a sssingle person, the Destined One, a human, can retrieve the Cryssstal, which they will ussse to bring peace to the world. Anyone elssse who triesss to wrongly retrieve the Cryssstal will fail, though.
The Legend sssaysss alssso that the Destined One will appear asss if from nowhere in a time of impending ssstrife and/or turmoil, and will retrieve the Cryssstal to use to sssave us all...
Sslessesseth
That'sss why I've sssussspected that you were the one from the Legend. You're human, you appeared out of nowhere... And the humansss from Tropicia have been planning to attack Varanus a few daysss from now... You mussst be our Destined One!
Sslessesseth (if Choice #2 is chosen)
I think ssso, sssir, yesss!

(end branches)

Kerah
Soooo... what does it mean if I am?
Rorrrnel
For you, sssir, it meansss that you have a chance of finding your friendsss, asss the Earth Crystal allowsss itsss holder to walk on lava asss if it were jussst normal ground. For usss, it meansss that a time of peace is coming!
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Why hasn't anyone else ever taken the Crystal?
  • Is that the only way to get to the surface?
  • Okay then! I'll go and get this Crystal!
Rorrrnel (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Mossst humansss don't even know about the Temple, or the Cryssstal for that matter, ssso they never quessst to find it. We reptoidsss are honourable, and ressspect the legend; sssince we are not human, we merely wait until the Destined One arrives.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Rorrrnel (if Choice #2 is chosen)
I'm afraid ssso, sssir, yesss. The only passssssage to the sssurface is acrossssss the Lava Lake, and the only way to passssss the Lava Lake with the bridge dessstroyed isss by usssing the power of the Earth Cryssstal.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

(end branches)

Rorrrnel
Excellent, sssir, excellent! You'll just have to go north from Varanus to get to the temple, and I'm sssure you won't have much of a problem getting the Cryssstal once you reach the temple.
Monssstersss roam around, though, asss you should know... Though you look rather underequipped. Here, take thisss gold, sssir, and ussse it to buy sssome armour and a weapon!
Now, I mussst be off, sssirsss. You can find me at the Monassstery if you need me!

(Kerah heads north, and encounters a strange, tattooed reptoid.)

Tattoo
Grraow!! A *human*?! What are *you* doing in thisss place? Your kind hasss no place here!!
Kerah
Whoa, hey, don't attack me! I don't mean you any harm! I'm just trying to get to the surface so I can find my friends!
Tattoo
To the sssurface you're heading, human? Interesssting... But how, human, do you intend to get there? I have heard that the lava lake can no longer be crossssssed.
Kerah
Um, I've been told that the only way to get to the surface is to get this 'Earth Crystal' thingy first, which can make me, like, walk on lava or something. So I'm going north to get it now.
Tattoo
Sslah! Ignorant human. Do you have any idea how dangerousss the temple to the north isss? Clearly you do not. I am certain you would not survive it alone.
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Oh, you're just trying to scare me.
  • Well, I have no choice, do I?
Tattoo (if Choice #1 is chosen)
I am trying to *warn* you, human. You will be ssslain if you enter that temple alone.
Kerah
Well, I don't have much choice, do I?

(end branches)

Tattoo
You... are the Destined One, aren't you? The one from the Legend. That isss why you are after thisss Cryssstal... You ssshall bring peace, or ssso they claim... And you are trying to reach the sssurface...
Human, I am not one for lengthy dialogue, ssso I ssshall be blunt. I wisssh to accompany you on your venture into the Earth Temple. Do you accept my offer, or ssshould I jussst kill you?
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Now why should I let you join me? I don't even know you!
  • You're threatening me?!?
  • Okay!!
Tattoo (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Ignore that, human. Act asss if I never uttered thossse wordsss. It isss for the bessst. Besssides, that wasss a... joke. Or a lie. One of thossse.
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Now why should I let you join me? I don't even know you!
  • Okay, you can join me then!
Tattoo (if Why option is chosen)
As I have ssstated, the Temple isss extremely dangerousss. You will sssurely not sssurvive the trials within by yourssself. And besssides, there is a magic ssseal on the door that only I can dissspel.
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Why can only you dispel it?
  • Okay, you can join me then!
Tattoo (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Becaussse... I am the only one granted with that particular ability? Yesss, I am the Guardian of the Temple. Mossst sssurely.
Kerah
I suppose you can come with me, then... I mean, if you have to. So c'mon, come along...

(end branches)

Tattoo
Yesss... Good... Now, let usss retrieve that Cryssstal. The temple isss to the north.

(The party approaches the temple.)

Tattoo
This is the magical ward, protecting the Temple from monsters and thieves. I shall dispel it with my magic.

(The party enters the temple.)

Kerah
Wait, stop a minute. Something's been bothering me...
Tattoo
What isss it?
Kerah
Well, um, we've been travelling together for a bit now, and I've been thinking... I don't even know your name!
Tattoo
I don't care much for namesss. But if you mussst call me sssomething, call me... Tattoo.
Kerah
Yeh, um, okay, Tattoo. I'm Kerah, pleased to meetcha!
Tattoo
I sssaid I don't care much for namesss.
Kerah
What *do* you care for, then?
Tattoo
What sssort of intrusssive quessstion isss that?! There are thingsss I care for, that I fight for... But they are not thingsss I would willingly discussssss with a ssstranger, and certainly not with a *human*.
Now ssstop talking, and let'sss get on with thisss sssearch for the Earth Crystal.

(The party continues, and finds a tree.)

Treeid [A/B/C/D]
I am a tree! Behold my treeish powers of DOOOOOM!!

(The party defeats all four Treeids and proceeds to the boss chamber.)

Rock Mole
UH, MOO. I AM THE ELEMENTAL GUARDIAN OF EARTH, DEFENDER OF THE EARTH CRYSTAL! AND I AM ALSO A MOLE! MADE OF STONE!!!
Kerah
Um, moo?
Rock Mole
WELL, I'M NOT SURE WHAT NOISE MOLES ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE! ESPECIALLY MOLES MADE OF STONE THAT ARE GUARDIANS OF EARTH TEMPLES! MOO WAS THE FIRST ANIMAL SOUND THAT CAME INTO MY HEAD!
Kerah
I see.
Rock Mole
BUT THIS CONVERSATION IS IRRELEVANT AND POINTLESS, FOR I AM NOT ALLOWED TO ALLOW YOU TO PASS. IN FACT, QUITE THE CONTRARY; I MUST KILL YOU!!!
YOU WILL NEVER GET THE EARTH CRYSTAL! ALL YOU WILL GET IS YOUR DEATH!
WHICH I WILL NOW GIVE TO YOU!
RIGHT AFTER I HAVE FINISHED SAYING THIS MINDLESS AND IRRELEVENT DRIVEL!
WHICH IS NOW! PREPARE TO DIE!!!
MOO.

(The party defeats the guardian.)

Earth Crystal
This is the rather generic and unoriginal Earth Crystal. It's legendary, you know. It's made of pure, crystalised Earth Elemental essence, and holds quite a bit of power.
Merely by having this in your possession you will be able to walk on lava as if it were normal ground.
Also, you can check which crystals you've acquired from the Status screen. They don't count as items!
You take the Earth Crystal...

(The party returns to Varanus.)

Tattoo
Grah... I have not entered Varanus in yearsss... I do not know if I can bear to enter it now.
Kerah
Mm? Why not?
Tattoo
That isss none of your busssinessssss, human. But... no, I have been cowering for far too long. Now isss the time when I mussst accept what happened and ssstep into the village once more...
Kerah
Yeh! With me here with you, it'll be easy! I'm no good at doing stuff by myself, but when I have a friend with me to support me, then I'm fine with it!
Tattoo
I do not need your sssupport, human. Sslah! And I am mossst certainly not your *friend*. The mere thought of it... Grah. But come on. Ssshut up and let'sss continue.
Kerah
Yeh, um, 'kay...

(The party proceeds towards the surface.)

Tattoo
Thisss isss the passssssage to the sssurface. When you reach the sssurface, it'sss only a ssshort walk to the human village of Tropicia.
I... cannot go any further. I mussst part waysss with you here.
Kerah
What, why?
Tattoo
The village of Tropicia isss a village of humansss. It hasss taken everything from me and my village, ruined all our livesss... Not only can I not bear to sssee it, but it isss alssso dangerousss for me. They kill our race on sssight.
Kerah
Don't worry, you'll be safe with me!
Tattoo
Ssslah, how naive. I do not wisssh to follow you to that village, and that isss final. Now, go. Leave.
Kerah
Oh, um, alright then... In that case then, um, I suppose I'll be on my own again...
Um, thanks for the help you've given me though. I'm glad we travelled together, even if it was briefly.
Tattoo
Yesss, yesss. Go on, human. You have thingsss to do.
And ssso do I...
Kerah
Hm?
Tattoo
Goodbye.

(Kerah proceeds to Tropicia.)

Chief Troy
Greetings, stranger! You're not from around here, I can tell! But welcome to our loverly village! Isn't it nice?
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Yes, the heat and the half-naked beautiful people are great!
  • I'm looking for my friends, have you seen them?
  • I'd like to enter the jungle.
  • Bye!
Chief Troy (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Hoho, yes, aren't both of those things you mentioned great? Sun, sea... half-naked beautiful peole... We have it all, here in Tropicia! Fun for the whole family! Except maybe children. And old people. And pets. And couples. And so on.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Chief Troy (if Choice #4 is chosen)
Come again! It's always a pleasure to talk.

(end conversation)

Chief Troy (if Choice #3 is chosen)
I am truly sorry, but I cannot grant you your request. The jungle is off-limits to even my villagers and myself, and certainly to... foreigners such as yourself.
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Why is it forbidden?
  • Oh, 'kay.
Chief Troy (if Choice #1 is chosen)
That, I... cannot tell you, stranger. You shall have to remain ignorant, I am afraid. I am truly sorry about this.
Kerah
Oh, 'kay.

(end sub-tree branches)

Chief Troy
Do you have any other things you would like to talk about?

(branch back to main dialogue tree)

Chief Troy (if Choice #2 is chosen on main dialogue tree)
Is that so? Just recently, some other strangers passed through here. That was peculiar, because we don't often get outsiders visiting us. Except maybe tourists. But those were no tourists...
Kerah
What did they look like, and how many of them were there...?
Chief Troy
They were many. They came in a group, but I am sure there were more that did not enter the village. They were soldiers, that much was clear as the morning sun. Their uniforms were black, like thier hearts. They destroyed our boats.
But they left us alone. I found this odd. They seemed to be in a hurry to get to Charleston. Their leader seemed eager to get there fast.
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • What was their leader like...?
  • Charleston?
Chief Troy (if Choice #1 is chosen)
He was in black, like all the others, but he wore a cape and oozed power. He had a mask covering his face. They all did, but his was more threatening somehow. He seemed rather... calculating. Definitely evil. And he was heading for Charleston.
Kerah
Charleston?

(end branches)

Chief Troy
You have not heard of Charleston...? I am very surprised to hear that. But I cannot expect the world to know what I know, and you are not from this region, it seems.
Charleston is a large, bustling city close to here, east a bit. You can get there by boat. Most people visit Charleston at least once. Everyone in the world ends up in Charleston sooner or later, especially when they're travelling, on a quest, or looking for something.
You mentioned friends that you were searching for before... Charleston would be a good place to search. It is a good place to find things that need finding, people especially, and if your friends have not reached Charleston already, then surely some adventurers there would have passed them in their journeys. Chances of that are high.
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • But won't it be dangerous with those soldiers there?
  • Then I'm going to Charleston!
Chief Troy (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Ah yes... The dark soldiers would have headed there... But no worry. There were not enough of them to be of any severe threat. They were most likely after one man, or one thing, and would not bother you unless you bother them. And Charleston is so big that you won't get the chance to find them to bother them.
Kerah
Then I'm going to Charleston, to find my friends!

(end branches)

Chief Troy
You need transport, but all of our boats were broken by the soldiers. We are building more, but that takes time. We have only one boat left, and you appear to be in a hurry. Take it, seeker.
Kerah
Really?! Thanks! Thanks a lot, mister! That's really kind and generous and... Thanks!
Chief Troy
You clearly dearly want to find your friends, and I know how important friends are. So I give the boat to you. Just talk to the guy next to it to set sail for Charleston.

(Kerah proceeds to the boat.)

Kerah
Um, the Chief guy said I could use this boat...
Boat Guy
Yes, I heard. Let us set sail for Charleston.
Kerah
How did you hear that...?
Boat Guy
Asking questions is not rowing! Now we row! To Charleston!
Kerah
Wherever you are, [Name], I'll find you... I promise...

Chapter 4

Peregrin
C'mon, [Name]. Once we pass through these swamps, we should end up near a village called Aldea. It's full of mages. We can stop off for a rest there, then we should head east to Tropicia. So let's go!

(The party proceeds through the Crystal Marsh to Aldea.)

Peregrin
This is the Aldea, the magical village of mages. It's rather-
What on Proteus is going on here? There are zombies everywhere and no people to be seen!
Something is clearly amiss... We must investigate!

(The party proceeds to the graveyard, and finds a girl being menaced by a zombie.)

Zombie
Uhhhhn... Brains...

(They defeat the zombie.)

Aurelia
There are zombies everywhere! Zombies! I have to destroy them to save the village!
Since I don't see anyone else bothering to get up to save it.
But wait... who are you two? I've never seen you before. ...Are you zombie exterminators or something, who live their lives on the edge of the wind and have some weird sixth sense that lets them detect where undead are in the world, and you seek out all the undead and kill them to avenge your family who were all killed by undead, huh? HUH??
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Uh, something like that.
  • No, actually, we're just adventurers.
Aurelia (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Pfft. That's not very original.
Aurelia (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Oh, that's *boring*. What I said was more exciting.

(end branches)

Peregrin
Hey, yeah, uh... What exactly is going on here? Why are zombies everywhere?
(And why is it nighttime now even though it's clearly daytime everywhere else?)
Aurelia
I *said*! There are zombies everywhere and they're attacking the village!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Yes, but where did they come from?
  • Who are you, anyway, little girl?
  • Why are you trying to get rid of them?
Aurelia (if Choice #1 is chosen)
For some reason, they just all started coming out of the graves here, and the catacombs. Someone's obviously been raising the dead with necromancy. Which is *illegal*! They also seem to have *stolen* their necromantic tomes from the library, which is also illegal!
But I always thought it was a stupid idea to have a graveyard full of dead people right next to this village of magic, and to have the necromancy tomes lying around all over the place for anyone to see in the library. This was bound to happen eventually.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Aurelia (if Choice #2 is chosen)
*Little girl*? I'm not little! I'm sixteen, dammit!
(Not that you can tell, though, since I'm exactly the same size and build as every other woman on Proteus, apparently.)
Anyway, I'm Aurelia! I'm a Light Mage! Pleased to meet you!

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

(end branches)

Aurelia
That's an idiot of a question. What do you suppose I do, let them all wander around and break stuff as they please? These zombies are a nuisance and need to be got rid of!
But if you meant why am *I*, a sixteen-year-old mage still in training, doing this, then, well... Everyone else is too lazy. They don't consider a hoarde of zombies rampaging throughout the village to be worth waking up at this hour for.
Even though they could *easily* get rid of them all with, like, a thought or something. What with them being really powerful mages and all.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Where did the undead come from? (branch back to previous answer)
  • Who are you, anyway, little girl? (branch back to previous answer)
  • Can you manage them all by yourself?
Aurelia
Well, I *could*, I suppose... But it's not easy and it'll take a while. Which'll be *so much fun*...
Peregrin
Hey, if you want, we could help you out a bit. Let's join forces and get rid of these zombies together! It'll be quicker!
Aurelia
Really? You want to help me? Eheh... 'Kay! Thanks!
Thanks for this. I'll be glad of the extra power and, of course, the company. Eheh.
But if we're going to be working together, then it'd be nice if you'd actually tell me who you are first! And what brings you here.
Peregrin
Oh, we're just adventurers. I'm Peregrin, and this is [Name]. We're... looking for something.
Aurelia
Looking for something, eh? What are you into, eh? Eh?
Peregrin
Uh... let's go! We need to get rid of these zombies, don't we?
Aurelia
Yeh, uh, 'kay.
Don't bother with the ones walking around. We need to go to where they're coming from; the catacombs. That's just a few steps north of here. Then we'll stop the necromancer-wannabe, which'll get rid of the rest of the zombies.

(The party descends into the catacombs.)

The Zombie!
You thah! Living person! You should not be heah... At least not in the state you're in. The living state.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Don't zombies normally, uh, not talk?
  • Shut up and die!
The Zombie! (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Die? But I am already dead, good ma'am. I can't get any deadah. Though if you insist on a duel, then engarde!
The Zombie! (if Choice #1 is chosen)
That is correct. For I am no ordinary zombieah! I am The Zombie!! Once a great adventurer I was in life, and now in death I intend to be the same, thanks to this necromancah ressurrecting meah! I will adventure to achieve my goal!
And you cannot stop meah! Nor can you pass heah. The necromanceah dwells within, and though it's not like I serve him, or even like him in the least, I need him to survive so then I can sustain myself on his dark energy.
And that is why you cannot pass, [sir/ma'am].
[Name]
Fine! If you won't move, we'll have to *make* you move! Besides, we're here to get rid of the zombies anyway, and, if my eyes don't deceive me, *you* are a zombie.
The Zombie!
But not just any zombieah! I am The Zombie!!
And I was never going to let you leave heah alive. So I suppose we aah going to stop chatting now and have a bit of a duel, eh wot? Of course, you cannot win; I am far too good. I was battling dragons before you weah bohn! Before your *grandfather* was bohn! Engarde!

(The party defeats The Zombie!)

The Zombie!
Well, baggah!
You may have bested me this time, but this is not the end! I shall now depaht on my adventuah, regardless of sustaining dark energy! I bid you good day, [sir/ma'am]!

(The party continues into the catacombs and encounters the necromancer.)

Tattoo
Grraow... Slah. Sssome of them came to get me.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • You're the necromancer behind all this, right?
  • Who are you?
  • Wah! A talking lizard!
Tattoo (if Choice #3 is chosen)
Yesss... A talking lizard... Aren't I sssuch a monssstrousss thing, ignorant human? Am I not *cute* and *furry* enough for your sssllretched mammilian tassstes? Do you want to kill me because of my appearance? You are like they all are, human.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Tattoo (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Right. Asss if you cannot tell by all the undead I'm raisssing and ssso on.
Tattoo (if Choice #2 is chosen)
I'm just a merry fisssherman, trying to make a name for myself and to feed my myriadsss of childrensss by HANGING AROUND IN SOME CATACOMBSSS DURING AN UNDEAD RAMPAGE!!! Obviousssly!!
[Name]
Oh, I see.
Tattoo
Grrah, you humansss are exactly asss ssstupid asss I alwaysss knew you were. If you cannot sssee that I'm the necromancer you're sssurely here to get rid of, then I can but wonder how you've managed to sssurvive life for asss long asss you have.

(end branches)

[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Why are you doing this?
  • Time to die, fiend!
Tattoo (if Choice #1 is chosen)
*Why* am I doing thisss? Sssluh, you actually cared to care. I'm doing this becaussse you humansss *dessserve* it. You've taken all that I ever held dear away from me and my race, ruined my life... And now I'm learning dark magic ssso then I can inflict the sssame thingsss on your race.
[Name]
But we personally have nothing to do with any of that! I don't even know what you're talking about!
Tattoo
It isss irrelevant. And probably a lie too. You humansss are all the sssame, anyway. You'd all kill usss if you could. Ssso that'sss why I mussst get rid of you, all of you humansss... You ssscourge upon Proteusss!
Thessse undead do not appear to be sssufficient, however. I ssshall have to deal with you myssself.
Tattoo (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Sssllah! It isss you, human, who will join the ranksss of my undead army!

(The party defeats Tattoo.)

Tattoo
Ssslah!! Agh... Thisss isss not the end, human!!! I will not ressst until you are all like these humansss around usss... Nothing but bonesss! Agh.

(The party exits the catacombs.)

Aurelia
Phew, am I glad *that's* over at last!
Thanks a lot for the help, you two - especially you, Peregrin, eheh. We should do it again sometime!
But I suppose I should get back to the village now, since it is suddenly the middle of the day and stuff...
I'll probably have to get back to studying as soon as I get back though... Augh, it's so *dull* in this little village! You'd expect a village full of mages and wizards and witches and warlocks, a village completely full of glorious and powerful magic, would be exciting... But it's really not. It's tough being a 'proper mage'. Too much studying.
But ah well. I guess I'll see you guys later, maybe.
(I'm gonna, um, disappear now...)

(The party enters Aldea and talks to Lunus Moonglow.)

Lunus Moonglow
Ah, you must be [Name] and Peregrin, the adventurers who saved our village from the zombies! Aurelia's told me all about you two!
I'm glad you helped my daughter out last night. If you two hadn't been there with her, she might've been seriously hurt! She's not experienced enough to take on that many zombies alone, but she's at the age where she thinks she has something to prove... Hoho, young people.
Anyway, I'd like to give you a little gift, a reward if you will, for doing what you did. I know you adventurers like rewards. Sorry it's not much, though.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Who are you?
  • I'm looking for my friends...
  • Thanks!
Lunus Moonglow (if Choice #1 is chosen)
I am Lunus Moonglow, a Light Mage, the Chief of Aldea, and Aurelia's father. Pleased to make your acquaintance.
Lunus Moonglow (if Choice #1 or #3 is chosen)
Now, I'm rather curious about something... Forgive me if I'm intruding on your private business, and you don't have to answer if you don't want, but... why are you in Aldea? What brings adventurers such as yourselves here?

(end branches)

[Name]
I was seperated from two friends of mine a while a go, and Peregrin found me unconscious near Villageville... Now we've travelled all this way looking for my friends, since we think they were warped to places by some spell or something...
Have you seen them? There's a girl... She's... pretty, her hair's long and this weird pinkish-red colour, she's got... purple eyes... And there's a guy, too. He's got blonde hair. He's sort of grumpy all the time. They're called Kerah and Quillon. Kerah's the girl, Quillon's the grumpy guy...
Lunus Moonglow
I am truly sorry, but I have seen no such people pass through Aldea recently... This village is so small that I generally hear about and see any new visitors, but I have yet to see any people who match the descriptions you gave. I'm sorry.
[Name]
It's alright. I didn't really expect to find them here anyway. We're actually on our way to, uh... wossitcalled...?
Peregrin
Tropicia.
[Name]
Yeh, that place. Tropicia. We came through the swamp to the south on our way to Tropicia, where I think one of my friends might be, but... how do we get there?
Lunus Moonglow
Hm... Tropicia, eh? That's no easy journey... You'd have to pass through Barrierwood to the east... But it's called Barrierwood for a reason. It's rather a solid forest; you cannot pass through it on foot! It's most impossible!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Then how do we get past?
  • We can get through it if we try hard enough, surely!
Lunus Moonglow (if Choice #2 is chosen)
No, no, I assure you you really can't pass through the Barrierwood! When I say it's 'impossible' to traverse, I mean it quite literally. The trees are magical, or something, and they literally move to block your path when you try to enter. And they're impervious to destruction... In short, don't try it!
[Name]
Then how do we get past, to Tropicia?

(end branches)

Lunus Moonglow
Hm... Though you cannot pass *through* the Barrierwood, I suppose there's nothing stopping you from passing *over* it...
[Name]
But how? We can't fly!
Lunus Moonglow
No, and neither can we mages... There are no spells for it, unfortunately. I don't know why it eve came to mind.
But ah, wait! I remember now why I mentioned it! There is a way you *could* fly... Hm, but have you ever heard of the Elemental Crystals?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • No...
  • Why yes, I know all about them!
Lunus Moonglow (if Choice #1 is chosen)
You can read up about them at the Grand Library. But for now I'll give you a brief description to explain what I'm going to suggest you do!
The Elemental Crystals are six powerful, magical crystals which were given as a gift from the gods to mankind in times long past. Each one is composed of pure, compressed elemental energy, and each one has a unique power which it can grant to whomever happens to hold the crystal.
The crystals are legendary, mythical, for the most part. Many people think they're nothing more than just a fairy tale. But we in Aldea know that they are very real, and they all exist somewhere in the world. And this brings me onto my suggestion...
Lunus Moonglow (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Good! That saves me from having to explain them to you. But since you know about the crystals already, my suggestion will make sense. It is this...

(end branches)

Lunus Moonglow
I know for a fact that there was once an elemental crystal to the west of here, in a temple... This crystal was the Air Crystal, and its power allowed its holder to fly, somewhat. With this crystal, you could pass over the Barrierwood with ease...
But it's been hidden away in that temple for centuries, and nobody's ever managed to retrieve it. I only really suggested it for a laugh, really.
Peregrin
[Name], we should go after that crystal! If we get it, we'll have great freedom, *and* we'll be able to find your friends! Let's do it!
[Name]
It can't be too hard to get it, surely...? I think we should!
Lunus Moonglow
Well, I say it's suicide. But good luck! You'll be highly regarded if you do find the crystal!
You have to travel through the Howlwood to the west to get to the Air Temple. Good luck with that, too. It's full of wolves.
[Name]
Full of wolves?
Lunus Moonglow
Yes. Absolutely teeming with vicious, bloodthirsty wolves.
Well, good luck with that!
But wait. Because of the wolves, there's a magical ward blocking the way into the Howlwood. You can't get past it without a special magical key, but I happen to have one of those right here, which I shall give to you. Take it, and good luck to you!

(The party exits the house.)

Aurelia
Hi there. Take me with you.
[Name]
Uh, what? You want to come adventuring with us? Would your father allow it?
Aurelia
Yeh, probably! Take me with you! I want to see the world! I want to explore! I don't want to spend my early, youthful years stuck in this tiny little village, studying. So take me with you!
Peregrin
I think we should let her come along. She'd be useful. She's a powerful mage, after all. You saw how she did against those undead.
Aurelia
Eheh.
[Name]
Well... I suppose it's the only way we'll get going anyway. Alright then. You can come with us.
Aurelia
Yay! At last, a chance to explore the world! I never got to before, because my dad wouldn't let me go alone. I spoke to him, though, and he said I could go with you if you said that you'd take me.
I honestly only think he said it because he didn't think you'd say yes, but since you did, I'm coming with you! Out of this village at long last! So come oooon! Let's goooo!

Chapter 5

(The party enters Howlwood, and follows a path to a dead end.)

Aurelia
Crap. It's a dead end. And this looked like the only path, too!
Peregrin
Hmmm... Maybe there's a path somewhere around here, though. Hidden, perhaps.
Aurelia
Wait, wait; shutup a minute. What was that suspicious rustling noise?
Ark
It's hard to find your way around this place if you haven't spent your life here. The trees only give way and the paths only reveal themselves to those that they really know.
Aurelia
Ah! A talking wolf!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Are you going to attack?
  • Who are you?
Ark (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Attack? Oh, right. I'm a monster, yes... I mean, no. No, I don't want to attack you. I'm not that kind of wolf.
Ark (if Choice #2 is chosen)
I'm a talking wolf, as your friend there just clearly pointed out.

(end branches)

Ark
Why are humans in here, though? Isn't the forest sealed by that damned magic ward?
Peregrin
Oh, that? The chief of Aldea gave us a key that let us dispel it.
Ark
Pah! So you're from Aldea, then?
Aurelia
Yeh, we're-
Peregrin
Not as such, no. We're adventurers, and merely passed through Aldea on our way here.
Aurelia
But-
Peregrin
Aurelia here is from Aldea, though, but me and [Name] aren't. ...Why, though? Do you have something against Aldea?
Ark
Aldea has... Not been kind to me.
Aurelia
Hey Mr. Wolfy... Why can you speak? Wolves don't normally speak.
Ark
...This is not really a good place for talking. Come to my village. It's just through this path here, hidden in the trees. We'll talk properly there.

(The party heads to Aru.)

Ark
Ah, so you did come. Hello again.
Now, firstly, why are you in these woods? What's your business here? I hope it's nothing evil.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • We're after the Wind Crystal...
  • That's none of your business.
Ark (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Wrong. It is entirely my business, as these are my woods and trespassers are not exactly welcome. I want to know what you're doing in my territory. If you won't tell me, you must have something to hide, so I may have to resort to... something unpleasant.
[Name]
Um, okaaay... In that case, we've come into these woods in search of the Wind Crystal...

(end branches)

Peregrin
Yes, we're trying to get to Tropicia, but can't get past the forest in the east. So the Chieftain of Aldea suggested we get the Wind Crystal, and use it to fly over it. Which is why we came here. To get the crystal.
Ark
The Crystals are so very ancient and sacred... And so very powerful, too. Yet you speak of the legendary things so very casually; you speak of acquiring the Wind Crystal in the same way you'd speak of acquiring a loaf of bread.
The Crystal is ours, anyway. Mine and my people's. We are its protectors.
Aurelia
Um, I'm interrupting here, I know, but... You never said why you talk! Why do you talk?
Ark
Hmhm. Little girl, you're very blunt, aren't you? If you want to know something, you just ask... And you... You're from Aldea, aren't you?
Aurelia
Yeh. Is it so obvious?
Ark
You remind me of someone... Answer an old wolf a simple question, will you please? I think it might put my heart at rest somewhat. ...What is your mother's name, young one?
Aurelia
Me mum's name? It's Iradia... Iradia Moonglow. Why?
Ark
Hmhmhm... I thought as much. You look so much like her... She married, then, and had children... She carried on. I'm glad she's happy now.
Aurelia
Um... Did you, like, know her or something...?
Ark
You could say that, yes. Though it was long ago, in what seems now like another lifetime...
Peregrin
You're... not a wolf, are you?
Ark
Well, obviously I am. I mean, look at me. I'm undeniably a wolf. I've got the fur, the ears, the tail, the four legs and so on... I'm green, but I'm still a wolf. Yes... a wolf.
All that's irrelevant at the moment, though. It doesn't matter who or what *I* am; you're after the Wind Crystal I'm supposed to protect, and that concerns me.
[Name]
We need it, though. We need to get to Tropicia.
Ark
Why so desperate, though? Tell me why you so urgently need to go there.
[Name]
My friends... I was seperated from them about three weeks ago when a magic spell teleported us all to different places. I have reason to believe they might be in Tropicia, or that they may have passed through there at least. So I want to go there, hoping I'll find them. I really do want to find them...
Ark
So you want to be reunited with loved ones?
[Name]
Something like that.
Ark
That's... rather noble, if it's true. It's a worthy cause. But uncovering the Crystals, for something small-scale like that? Isn't that a bit much?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • I've been told it's the only way.
  • Do you know of any other way?
Ark
Couldn't you get the mighty wizards of Aldea to enchant you so you can fly?
Aurelia
We don't have any spells like that. That's what makes the Wind Crystal so superly powerful, right?
Ark
Ah, that's a valid point...
I'll tell you what. I can let you *borrow* the Crystal. That'd work. But then you'd have to bring it back...
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Oh, we will!
  • I can't guarantee that I'll be able to...
Ark (if Choice #1 is chosen)
I cannot just rely on your word, stranger. The crystal is extremely important and sacred to my people, and I cannot trust you with it. That is why if I let you borrow it like this, I must also come with you.
Ark (if Choice #2 is chosen)
The Crystal is very important and sacred to my people, and if it leaves its resting place, it must be returned. If you cannot be trusted, then I must accompany the crystal, and you. I am coming with you.

(end branches)

Ark
And besides watching the crystal, there are other reasons why I wish to accompany you...
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Like what?
  • Well, come along then. Let's go.
Ark (if Choice #1 is chosen)
I want to get out of this forest, for one thing. I've been stuck in here for almost thirty years. And I want to do something about... the wolf thing.
Peregrin
Wolf thing...?

(end branches)

Ark
Indeed. Now. We must be heading off. However, travelling in a group of larger than three is not a wise idea... So one of you will have to stay behind, here. Who will it be?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Peregrin.
  • Aurelia.
  • Ark.
Ark (if Choice #3 is chosen)
No, I'm coming with you. I need to watch over the crystal. Choose somebody else to stay.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Peregrin (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Me? Alright. I understand. I'll wait here in this village until you return with the crystal, or... whenever. It'll be nice to have a bit of a break, and this village seems interesting.
Aurelia (if Choice #2 is chosen)
What?! You're leaving me here!? Awww! That's not fair! I wanted to come... You'd better come back, though!

(end branches)

Ark
Alright. Now that that's sorted out, let us go. There's a secret tunnel leading to the Wind Temple that you can get to by flipping a switch beneath the left dreamcatcher in this room. We need to go through that.

(They examine the dreamcatcher.)

[Name]
Ah, here's the switch I'm supposed to press...

(The party proceeds to the Temple of Air and encounters four Aeromancers.)

Aeromancer Alpha
I AM THE STRONGEST OF THE FOUR AEROMANCER GUARDIANS OF THE DOOR! YOU CANNOT HOPE TO DEFEAT ME, MORTAL. I'M JUST THAT POWERFUL. NOW WE BATTLE.
Aeromancer Beta
I am the second most powerful Aeromancer guy thing in this here temple. We're all guarding a door, y'see, and you've got to defeat all of us before it'll open. So c'mon, fight me!
Aeromancer Gamma
Mortal! I am the most powerful Aeromancer Guardian of The Door! ...I think. Oh wait, or was I the second? Or maybe even the third...? I can't remember; it's been ages since I thought about it. Anyway, uh, let's battle!
Aeromancer Delta
i'm, uh, the least powerful aeromancer. but t-that doesn't mean i'm not powerful. no no. because i am powerful. um. y-you won't win! now let's fight.

(The party defeats the Aeromancers and finds a sealed door.)

Protective Glyph
HALT! ONLY THE CHAMPION OF THE FOUR MAY ENTER.
YOU ARE THE CHAMPION. YOU MAY PASS.

(The party proceeds into the Guardian's room.)

Thundragryf
AHA! I BET YOU'RE THE CHOSEN ONE OR SOMETHING, AREN'T YOU? NOBODY ELSE COULD HAVE POSSIBLY COME SO FAR.
BUT HM... YOUR AURA... IT IS SIMILAR TO THE AURA OF THE CHOSEN ONE WHO SHOULD BE HERE, BUT YET IT IS DIFFERENT... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THIS SITUATION!!!
wHETHER YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE OR NOT, YOU HAVE STILL COME THIS FAR. AND MY COMMANDS DICTATE THAT I AM TO BATTLE YOU NOW FOR THE CRYSTAL. SO THAT IS WHAT WE SHALL DO.
ARE YOU READY? THIS WILL TRULY TEST YOU, ONE WHO CAME THIS FAR.

(The party defeats the Thundragryf.)

Air Crystal
You found the legendary Air Crystal at last! Huzzah for you!
This crystal allows its bearer to take to the skies so that they may bass over certain, otherwise impassable obstacles. However, it only offers limited flight; you'll only be able to fly over towns and forests. Press W on the worldmap to fly.
Also, merely by having this crystal in your possession you will be able to walk over chasms as if they were normal ground. Which is handy.
You take the Air Crystal...

(The party exits the temple and heads to Tropicia.)

Chief Troy
Hello there, stranger! I welcome you to my humble village! What brings you here?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Has anyone unusual passed through here lately?
  • Oh, nothing. Nevermind.
Chief Troy (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Enjoy your stay!

(end conversation)

(end branches)

Chief Troy
It is peculiar that you mention that, because recently we've had a slew of strangers pass through, which is unusual in itself. There were those dark soldiers, that pretty pale girl, and now you...
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Dark soldiers?
  • Pretty pale girl?
Chief Troy
Aye, dark soldiers. Soldiers clad in dark uniforms. They were terrifying. They said they were after the 'Earth Crystal', and were ruthless in their search. I told them that it was not here, that it was nowhere, because the crystals are but a myth! They did not believe me, but they got the point eventually and left.
They were led by a fearsome figure who you should be wary of, wherever you may travel in the world. He oozed power, and looked the type to do things on a large scale. That Dark One, he was so ruthless, emotionless... Hardly human at all.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Are you sure the Earth Crystal's mythical?
  • You mentioned a 'pretty pale girl'...?
Chief Troy
Oh yes, quite sure. I have heard tales of the Elemental Crystals since I was a wee lad, but that is all they are. Tales. Myths. Same as Yalortism. The idea of magical crystals existing, or a big invisible dragon that made the world... They are nonsense. What exists is what we can see.
[Name]
You mentioned a 'pretty pale girl'...?

(end branches)

Chief Troy
That girl, she passed through here after the soldiers did. She seemed concerned about her friends, said she was looking for them. She was odd... Not from around here. She was young, and pretty, like I said.
[Name]
That sounds like-...! Uh, what did she look like, clearly? Did she say her name at all?
Chief Troy
Unfortunately, she did not tell me her name. But she was young and lithe. Her skin was remarkably pale, and her hair was long and a pinkish-red colour... She had purple eyes. I noticed that.
[Name]
That's definitely Kerah! ...But did she say where she was headed?
Chief Troy
You know her? You are one of her friends? If I had known this before, then I would have told her to stay, but alas, I advised that she travel to Charleston, in search of you I imagine.
But she took the last boat, and we are still in the process of building more. So though you must surely wish to reverse your role of searchee to searcher, I am afraid I cannot offer you the aid I offered her. You will need a boat to reach Charleston...
Peregrin (if in party)
If we need a boat, then there's no better place than Porton for that! It's a port town, as its name suggests, and so it's full of boats. It's just south of Villageville and we can get there easy with the Air Crystal!
Aurelia (if in party)
Ooh, ooh! [Name]! I know where we could get a boat! There's a place called Porton that I read about in the library one time, and it said it was chock-full of boats! So maybe we could go there and get a boat, maybe? It's far south of Aldea; we can get there easy though by flying!
[Name]
Alright then. It's settled. We'll go to Porton, and try to get a ship somehow, so then we can go to this 'Chareleston' place to find Kerah... So okay, let's go!

Chapter 6

(The party heads to Porton.)

Pseudolonewolf
Uh... Welcome to Porton! Isn't it lovely? It's a nice scenic place, right by the sea as you can see, and you can barely move for ships so it shouldn't be too hard to find one here for your quest!
But really, this is the end of the line for now, I'm afraid. Since the game isn't completely made yet, you can't get any further than this. An update will be released eventually with more areas, but until then, well...
Maybe you should try looking around some existing areas for now, though. Because you can walk over chasms now. Remember any places where there were loads of those, hm?
Oh, and despite my presence here explaining the situation, I'm sure I'll get a load of idiots still asking me what to do next once they've been to Tropicia, or complaining that they can't find a ship in Porton... Tsk.

Sidequests

Adventure Hut

Rex Tempulse
Howdy thar! You look like adventurers to me!
Do you happen to have a world map, with which the world you can see?
No? Well you're in luck; I give them away for free!
This is a World Map, here you go!
Without it, your quest would be terribly slow;
Full of wand'rin' and ramblin', never knowing where to go.
But with this you'll surely succeed, for the lands you will know!
This map will reveal the land's face; all paths it does show.
Ho ho!
[Name]
Uhm, thanks! I think...
Rex Tempulse
Now that you're set, you are ready to travel.
Set out now, yon quester; let your story unravel.

Wizard's Apprentice

Veneficus
Well, hello there, adventurer! You... are an adventurer, aren't you?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Of course!
  • Uh, no.
Veneficus (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Grand! Good for you! Good for me, too!
Veneficus (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Well, I don't care! I'll just assume you are anyway!

(end branches)

I am Veneficus, an Almighty Wielder of Arcane Energies and All-round Wizard Extraordinaire!
Peregrin
Hey, I've heard of you! I think. Aren't you really famous and powerful? Like, capable of moving the mountains if you wanted and on speaking terms with most kings?
Veneficus
Yes, that is I! The Great Veneficus, they call me! I am famous, powerful, capable of moving the mountains if I so desired, and most Kings bow before me and my magnificent power!
Veneficus (if female)
I'm also Yalort's gift to women, and you, if I'm not mistaken, m'dear, are a woman. And a fine specimen at that! How's about you and I, y'know, get naked right here and now and have kinky sexual intercourse on the cold hard floor?
[Name]
How creepily blunt of you.
Also, hell no.
Veneficus
Oh, well. I tried!
Peregrin
Uh, moving right along... If you're so powerful and famous, what are you doing in a poky little house in Villageville?

(end female tangent)

Peregrin (if male)
If you're so powerful and famous, what are you doing in a poky little house in Villageville?

(end male tangent)

Veneficus
Ah, funny you should ask that, Adventurer's Henchman!
Peregrin
What's so funny about that?
Veneficus
That is irrelevant!
Now, do you want a quest or not?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • A quest, you say?
  • Sorry, but I'm already doing a quest!
Veneficus (if Choice #1 is chosen)
You're interested, eh? Excellent!
Peregrin (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Hey, [Name], what are you doing? Questing means rewards! And adventure! Both are good! You should accept the quest!
[Name]
But I'm already on a quest to find my friends...
Peregrin
Trust me, though, this'll be worth it. And probably quick, too. Then once we've finished this, we'll be able to use the reward to quicken our search for your friends!
And you never know; we could actually run into your friends on this quest!
[Name]
Well, I suppose...
Veneficus
Myes. Now, if you two have quite finished discussing whatever it is you're discussing right in front of my face, let's get to the matter at hand.

(end branches)

Veneficus
I came to this little village to check up on one of my many Wizard Apprentices, who lives in this very house, but he doesn't seem to be here... And I haven't the foggiest idea where he's gone.
Peregrin
So you want us to find him and bring him back?
Veneficus
Hahah, that would be so very predicatable, wouldn't it?
Also, yes, that's exactly what I want you to do! I want you to find my apprentice and tell him to come back here. Then I'll reward you, of course.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Why can't you find him yourself?
  • Where should I start looking?
  • What's the reward?
  • Alright then, I shall return after I've found him!
Veneficus (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Hahah, what an amusingly absurd question! You amuse me, adventurer.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Veneficus (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Looking in Cromwood, to the east, would be a wise idea, since I'm perfectly certain he's in there somewhere.
Peregrin
But didn't you say before that you hadn't the foggiest idea where he was?
Veneficus
Probably! It was most certainly a lie, though, that.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Veneficus (if Choice #3 is chosen)
If I were to tell you that now, it'd ruin all the fun and excitement and anticipation and wondering, wouldn't it? Wondering what your reward will be is one of the most interesting parts of questing, don't you think?
Peregrin
I do! I think that!
Veneficus
Good for you, lad. Good for you.

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

(end branches)

Veneficus
Jolly good! I'll be here waiting, of course!

(The party goes to Cromwood Cave and encounters Trevor.)

Trevor
Go away. I'm busy. But I know you're there. I can see you with my mind.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Veneficus told me to come here and find you. (only if true)
  • What are you doing?
  • Uh, okay then. I'll just leave you be.
Trevor (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Meditating. Can't you see? Have you not trained your outer eyes, let alone your inner one?
[Name]
Uh, okay then. I'll just leave you be.
Trevor (if Choice #2 or #3 is chosen)
Good. You do that.

(end conversation)

Trevor (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Nnh? Veneficus? What, why? Is he in the village? He's not looking for me, is he?! Why couldn't I sense it?!
I should get back immediately... So I suppose this means I need to teleport!

(The party returns to Villageville and talks to Veneficus.)

Veneficus
Ah, I see you found Trevor! Good work and well done!
Peregrin
Now it's reward time!
Veneficus
Indeed! And I shall keep my end of the bargain, of course. For your troubles, you can have... uh... this... Soul Stone! Yes! That's a useful item!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • What does it do? Anything?
  • Thanks!
Veneficus (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Actually, it does do something! It's an extraordinarily useful item, in fact, if you're a spellcaster!
If you attach a Soul Stone to a weapon, whenever you slay a monster with that weapon you'll have a chance of separating its soul from its body, and when that happens, you can capture the soul!
This is extremely useful, because monster souls are rather valuable; they're the main components of spells, you see. Without a soul, one cannot make spells at all.
So I recommend that you attach this gem to a weapon of yours, and go monster hunting! Then you can use this spell forge here to create some spells once you've acquired some souls!

(end branches)

Veneficus
I'll be leaving Villageville soon. There's not much reason for me to stay here. Though for some reason, I get the feeling that we shall meet again, adventurer! But until then, I bid you farewell and all that!

(The party talks to Trevor.)

Trevor
Yeh, hi. I run a magic shop, apparently. I can sell you magical items. Or you can use the spell forge there. Want to buy something?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • What've you got?
  • No. Bye.
Trevor (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Here, I'll show you!
Trevor (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Yeh, okay then. Come again!

The Wasp Hunter

The Wasp Hunter
STOP!!! You are NOT a wasp!!! So I CAN NOT and WILL NOT SLAY YOU for your BEAUTIFUL STINGER!!!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Ok-aaay...
  • But I *am* a wasp.
The Wasp Hunter (if Choice #2 is chosen)
NO!!! That is a LIE!!! You LIED TO ME!!! You're no wasp. You don't even have wings!! OR THE BODY OF A WASP!!!

(end branches)

The Wasp Hunter
I need to find more wasps... yes... more wasps. To avenge my, uh... to... I need them. Their stingers. I NEED SOME WASP STINGERS!!! I collect them.
You! YOU PERSON! Have you KILLED any wasps around here? HAVE YOU DONE IT AT ALL?!?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Yes.
  • No.
The Wasp Hunter (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Ah good, good... GOOD. That's good, myes, good. Killing wasps. It's good.
May I enquire then, as to whether you have collected any of their BEAUTIFUL STINGERS?!?!?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Yes, I've got some of those! (only if true)
  • No, I haven't got any stingers.
The Wasp Hunter (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Ah excellent, excellent... GOOD. Because I collect them and need them! I need them good! I NEED THEM BAD!! But I need ten, yes, ten of them. Only ten. NOT LESS!!! Ten of them. Do you have ten of them? I need ten of them. WASP STINGERS!!!
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Yes, I've got ten! Here, have them. (only if true)
  • No, I don't have that many.
The Wasp Hunter (if Choice #1 is chosen)
A grand, grand... WASP STINGERS. These are just what I needed! YOU GAVE THEM TO ME, so I give this thing to you. IT MIGHT BE USEFUL!!!
But now... now... I need to get back to KILLING WASPS!!! Yes yes!
The Wasp Hunter (whenever the wrong choice is chosen)
  • Then GO AWAY from me!!!

Ancient Monsters

[Name]
We went to that cave...
Jared
Yeh did? And yeh came back alive?! Did yeh find anything?
[Name]
No, unfortunately, we didn't find anything...
Jared
Nowt at all? What were causing them earthquakes then?
[Name]
Oh right, that. Yes. We found that. It turns out it was a monster. We killed it.
Peregrin
Can we have our reward now?
Jared
Eh? Reward? ...Oh, right, yeh. Since yeh did a quest fer me, I'm s'possed'a give you a reward... I've not got much, though. So yeh'll have to just 'ave this gold.
I want to ask yeh, though... That monster... were it an Ancient Monster?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • What's an Ancient Monster?
  • Yes, of course it was!
  • No, it was just the regular kind. (option broken, not selectable)
Jared (if Choice #1 was chosen)
Y'know, an... Ancient Monster! A really big ancient beastie that's been hidden away for millions o' years! Really big and fierce! And ridiculously powerful.
I, uh, mighta made 'em up though. I forget sometimes. ...Was it one o' them?

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

(end branches)

Jared
By 'eck! And yeh killed it? Yeh must be mighty indeed! I've jus' got to give yeh summat extra fer that!
'Ere, 'ave this. It's me soul.
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Your *soul*?
  • Uh, thank you...
Jared (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Well, not *my* soul. That would be a bit thick, wouldn' it? But it once belonged to a monster, and now it belongs to me. But I'm givin' it to you. Yeh can make a spell from it!
Jared (if Choice #2 is chosen)
No, thank *you* fer killin' that Ancient Monster! Now I can rest in peace at last.
[Name]
You mean you're... going to die or something?
Jared
No, I'm *not* gunna die, which is why I can rest in peace now!
[Name]
Uh, okay then... That makes sense.

(end branches)

Jared
Anyway, bye bye now. Have fun with yer adventurin'!

The Magic Trophy

Veneficus
My, these books are mightily interesting. ...But not as interesting as you, babeh! How's about you take your clothes off for me, mm?
Kerah
You *what*? Who the hell are you, you seedy pervert?!?
Veneficus
I am Veneficus, Wizard Extraordinaire! Pleased to meet you, you sexeh thing, you!
Kerah
Um, yeh... Hey, what's a human doing in this village of, like, lizards?
Veneficus
Reading, of course! There are some very interesting tomes in this remote library that contain great magical secrets and knowledge about the history of the world that can't be found elsewhere. It's all very interesting.
Kerah
Ooh, really? What'cha reading about, anyway?
Veneficus
I am perusing these ancient grimoires to expand my magical prowess, my dear sexy girlie. Not that my magical skills *need* improving, mind you; but one can never be *too* powerful.
Kerah
Hey wait... Magic? Did you say that? You can use magic and all that stuff?! Really?!
Veneficus
But of course, babeh! I dabble in the arcane quite a bit, and know magic rather well. We're rather intimate, me and magic. We'd have had children now if it were possible, but, alas, physicalities forbid that from being so! Woe to that, I say!
Kerah
Um, yeah... In that case, then, um, can I ask you something?
Veneficus
If it's whether or not I'm free, then yes babeh, I totally am. Rrow.
Kerah
But didn't you just say that you were intimate with magic?
Veneficus
Oh no, babeh, you got it all wrong! We're through, me and magic. I'm all yours now. Also, rrow.
Kerah
Well, um, that's too bad then, because I wanted to ask you if you could, like, teach me magic or somethin'...
Veneficus
What...? You mean you don't already know any? A pretty girl your age hasn't ever bothered to learn even a simple spell? My, my... Deary, deary... Oh, what you've missed out on! And what an oddity you are!
Kerah
You mean everyone knows magic here, on this wor- Um. In this place, this country... thing?
I'm from, like, um... really far away! Yeh! And that's why I don't know any magic! I've never had the chance to learn!
Veneficus
Well, babeh, you really have been missing out! I can't even *imagine* a life without magic!
But since you're so exquisitely, marvellously sexeh, I would like to give you a simple gift. It is not much, I admit, but it is a start!
I present to you... Your first spellbook! I happen to carry a few around with me at all times, and I think this one suits you well, O my water-kin!
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • Wow, thanks!
  • Water-kin?
  • You... don't want anything in return, do you...?
Veneficus (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Y'know, babeh, there are better ways in which you could thank me for my stunning generosity, charm, and good looks. Mrrow!
Kerah
Yeh, well, um, I think I'll just stick with words this time.
Veneficus
'This time,' eh? I like the sound of that (to some extent)!
Veneficus (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Water-kin, indeed! You and I, my pretty, are both of the Water element, and are thus magically... related, you could say.
But that doesn't bother me one bit! In fact, I find incest to be quite the turn on, mrrow!
Kerah
Um, like, *ew*! No way!
Veneficus (if Choice #3 is chosen)
No, no, no. Of course not. Not at all. Not a thing!
Except frisky, kinky sexual intercourse. With you. Babeh. Now. Mrrow.
Kerah
...No.
Veneficus (if Choice #2 or #3 is chosen)
Well, at least I tried!

(end branches)

Veneficus
But actually... To be serious for a moment, there is something I would like you to do for me in return for that gift... A quest, of sorts. If you were to accept, I'd make it worth your while. Not that you *have* to accept, of course, but I suggest you do!
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • What do you want me to do?
  • How exactly are you planning on making this worth my while?
  • Sorry, but I'm not interested.
Veneficus (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Heheh... Not as you might expect from my previous attempts at getting you to have sex with me, my little sexeh one! Though I *would* find that highly exhillarating and inthrillerating, I do actually have something else this time I can give to you! Something palpable, a possession; I swear I really do have such a thing to give!

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Veneficus (if Choice #3 is chosen)
Don't turn down this quest so fast, deary! Hear me out first; maybe you'll be interested!

(end branches)

Veneficus
I've been looking through these spellbooks, and there's something that interests me. A spell. Of course. But to cast it, I need a certain object... which is a trophy, for some reason. A MagicTrophy. I want you to bring me one of those.
Kerah
A MagicTrophy? Where on... this planet would I get one of those?
Veneficus
Ah, now this is a humourous and unlikely coincidence! As it turns out, there's a cave to the west of Varanus called the 'Cave of Trials', and within there is a treasure. That treasure, I have heard, is a magical trophy.
So I want you to go to the Cave of Trials to the west and get that trophy for me! Will you do this?
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • What a silly quest...
  • Alright, I'll do it.
  • Sorry, but I'm just not interested.
Veneficus (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Heheh, yes, it rather is, isn't it? I mean, why would I ask you to bring me a *trophy* of all things? ...But I assure you, it made more sense in an earlier version!
Kerah
Huh?
Veneficus
Oh, nevermind. Anyway. Are you going to do the quest or what?

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

Veneficus (if Choice #2 is chosen)
Excellent, marvellous and splendid! Go along then, and come back to me, my little sexy one, when you've got that trophy! But buhbye for now!
Veneficus (if Choice #3 is chosen)
Bugger and damn. I suppose I'll have to ask one of those lizards or something, or (*groan*), look for it myself...

(If returning to Veneficus after rejecting him:)

Veneficus
Ah, hello again, my little sexeh one! Are you here to accept my quest?

(branch back to last dialogue tree)

(The party retrieves the trophy and returns to Veneficus.)

Veneficus
Ah, my little sexeh girlie! Do you have the trophy I wanted you to bring to me?
Kerah
Why yes, yes I do!
Veneficus
Ah, so you do indeed! That's just grand!
And now, for your reward... Mrrow.
Kerah
...I hope it's an item.
Veneficus
Oh, you could certainly say it's an item, ohyes...
Since it is one. Here! It's this tiny little gem thing! Though it doesn't look like much, it's very useful! It'll make a mage of you!
Kerah (dialogue options)
  • What exactly does it do?
  • Thanks!
Veneficus (if Choice #1 is chosen)
If you equip this on a weapon in a forge, that weapon will be able to strip the souls from enemies with terminal blows. And then you'll be able to collect those souls, which is VERY useful since monster souls are the main components of spell creation.

(end branches)

But now, the quest is complete. You may leave now if you wish.
Unless, of course, you want to spend some more time with me... Mrrow.
Kerah
Bye now.

True Ancient Monsters

Matam-cansis
Ekekekekee!

The House

Roberto the Salesman
Why hello there, ma'am! May I interest you in a house, perchance? This very house behind me is currently up for sale! For a mere 3000 gold pieces, this stylish, one-room bungalow could be yours! Use it to throw wild parties or store your items! Are you interested?
[Name] (dialogue options)
  • Yes! I'll take it! Here's 3000 gold! (if over 3000 gold)
  • I can't afford that much... (if less than 3000 gold)
  • No, I'm not, sorry.
Roberto the Salesman (if Choice #2 or #3 is chosen)
A shame. The house will not be up for sale much longer though, I'm sure; it's just that desirable!
Roberto the Salesman (if Choice #1 is chosen)
Excellent, excellent! Just sign here, aaaand... all done! The house is now yours, ma'am, to use as you wish! Here are your keys.
But now that my work here is done, I must be off! Cheerio!

(The party enters the house.)

Storage Chest
This large chest is magical, and can be used to store a large number of items that you don't want to carry around with you.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.